The Racemi Channel Strategy and Rules of Engagement
Racemi knows all about the channel. We employ a 100% channel-based go-to-market strategy. Our goal is to drive value for our customers and profitability for our partners based on the following Racemi philosophy:
1. We work with fewer partners. This allows us to build tighter relationships and work more closely and frequently with our partners. Our personalized service offers a higher quality customer experience where partners can take full advantage of our expertise, experience, and capabilities.
2. Our process of working with smaller quantities of partners leads to minimal partner-to-partner competition. This strategy paired with Racemi’s sales engagement processes allows for higher profitability for our channel partners.
Racemi Does 100% of Our Business Through Channel Partners
1. If a customer contacts Racemi directly, we always refer these opportunities to the proper partner and subsequently help the partner to successfully deliver these engagements. Partners with the proper training and in the proper region will be given priority.
2. Any opportunities that are sent to Racemi by approved partners will not be shared with others. Racemi will support the submitting partner opportunities per our normal joint sales process.
3. Racemi will support partners on marketing efforts for new or existing customers. These activities will be written out in detail in the joint business plan specific to each partner.
Racemi Training Support
We will dedicate our sales and pre-sales resources to applicable partners that meet entry criteria and are committed to a joint business plan. We will train you to be self-sufficient in the pre-sales and customer sales process. This is done through a combination of scalable training and field-based mentoring for your sales and pre-sales personnel.
1. Racemi offers support on all deals during your training/mentoring period. We’ll do everything in our power to make sure your customer is successful and you will be profitable on these initial jobs.
2. Once you have completed initial training and mentoring, Racemi will increasingly reward our partners for sales and pre-sales activities that you take on for a specific opportunity.
3. There are two ways we measure (and reward) value based on your investment in training and expertise:
a. Completion of the training and mentoring process – Our partners will receive incremental pricing on each opportunity submitted after the training and mentoring period.
b. Field and customer experience: Once the partner has accumulated more than 2,000 workloads migrated with Racemi, incremental pricing will be given on each opportunity thereafter. The best part is that this incremental pricing stacks with the incremental pricing from completing the training and mentoring process.
• Pricing and price discussions will happen directly between the partner and the end customer. All quotes to partners shall be via Racemi per our standard joint sales process. Racemi sales and pre-sales teams will work with approved partners on submitted opportunities as they are needed.
• We will only work with partners who have a signed business plan and contract in place with Racemi.
• We will maintain confidentiality regarding all partner accounts and opportunity information.
• Pricing is based on the level of investment that the partner has made with Racemi and who has taken the lead on specific sales and pre-sales activities on the opportunity.
Deal Registration Procedure
• Due to Racemi’s limited number of partners, it is expected to be rare for there to be multiple partners that ever register the same opportunity.
• Instead, the primary purpose of our deal registration approach is to schedule and allocate Racemi sales and pre-sales resources as necessary to support partners in successful customer pursuits.
• Once a partner-sourced opportunity is approved, Racemi will work to support the partner from a cooperation and go-to-market perspective.
• Partners must enter their deal registration into the Racemi Partner Portal themselves.
• Deal Registration Criteria:
o Budget must be determined for the project.
o Partner must be working with the Authorized Decision Maker for the project.
o Partner must have identified the Customer Need and understand the Racemi products and services that must meet those needs.
o Timeline for the project must be such that the partner can bring the project to an installed evaluation within 90 days of the submission of such deal registration.
• Racemi sourced opportunities are entered into SFDC and will be assigned an opportunity number (i.e. “OPP-1”) and shared with an approved partner.