Racemi Speeds Server Migrations to Virtually Any Cloud Platform
Performance improvements plus greater automation to ensure successful migrations
ATLANTA, December 16, 2015 – Racemi, a provider of automated server migration software, announces availability of updated DynaCenter software with performance improvements that speed Linux and Windows server migrations as much as 30 percent, while increasing reliability and delivering more flexibility.
This latest release of DynaCenter software comes with:
– near real-time change detection that dramatically reduces the time required to synchronize data during Windows migrations, particularly important when replicating changes on large databases or other workloads with lots of updates;
– automated migration pre-checks that identify potential configuration issues on source servers prior to capture, which includes checks on server connectivity, available memory and disk space, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Volume Snapshot Service (VSS) integrity, and more;
– a new High Integrity Capture Mode for maximum security and reliability that performs checksum validation of individual data blocks during the transmission process;
– ability to parallel capture large databases that are partitioned across multiple drives in order to ensure data integrity;
– support for the latest generation of Amazon Web Services (AWS) M4 server sizes;
The automation software is especially suited for system integrators who can take advantage of DynaCenter’s server migration capabilities to speed project timelines, along with cloud providers giving them the ability to streamline migrations to their cloud or hosting services. DynaCenter helps drive adoption of services by reducing the time to onboard customers.
“We’ve reached new levels of performance while increasing reliability and providing higher levels of control over server migrations,” said James Strayer, vice president of product management, Racemi. “All of these updates were driven by customer requirements to help further automate server migrations and make the process easier than ever before.”
Licensing of DynaCenter starts at $299 per successful workload migration, with volume discounts available.
Racemi’s DynaCenter migration software captures the entire server stack – including operating system, applications, configuration, and data – and automatically converts it to run on the selected cloud platform by applying the necessary tools and drivers during the migration process. This ensures existing workloads are migrated in their time-tested configuration, resulting in improved reliability and reduced support requirements. The Live Capture capability ensures that there is no server downtime. All customer data is secured and compressed using AES/RSA SSL encryption over firewall-friendly, fault-tolerant outbound HTTPS connections to provide maximum protection and reliability.
DynaCenter migrates workloads from a physical or virtual server to almost any target cloud platform that supports Hyper-V, KVM, VMware or Xen hypervisors, running supported Linux or Windows guest operating systems.
Racemi, the moving company for the cloud, has been named a “Cool Vendor” and AWS Leadership Award winner, and has over 1,800 customers and partners around the globe. The company develops server provisioning and cloud migration software that allows businesses to quickly migrate their existing physical and virtual servers between dissimilar physical, virtual, and cloud platforms and across geographies. Racemi software can be used for cloud migration projects, data center relocations, disaster recovery, and other server workload migration needs. For more information, visit www.racemi.com.