Racemi Provides New Level of Flexibility for Enterprises Moving Workloads to Cloud Computing
Features added for migrations to Amazon Web Services and SoftLayer
ATLANTA, January 15, 2015 – Racemi, a provider of automated server migration software, announces an update to its DynaCenter software that delivers the industry’s broadest set of features and support to give enterprises more choices and flexibility when transitioning to cloud computing.
The features add support for:
- Additional Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances – M3 general purpose that provides a balance of compute, memory, and network resources; C3 compute, which is optimized with the highest-performing processors; R3 optimized for memory-intensive applications; T2 which provides a baseline level of CPU performance along with capability to burst above that baseline
- High-performance Amazon solid-state drive (SSD)-backed instances
- Amazon EC2 tagging, which enables customers to automatically apply policies to migrated instances
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x and 5.x migrations to Amazon Web Services
- Migrations to additional SoftLayer data centers in Houston, Toronto, London, Hong Kong, Melbourne
- Creating SoftLayer Object Storage image libraries in data centers located at San Jose, Toronto, London, Hong Kong
“We provide customers looking to migrate to AWS or SoftLayer with the most extensive set of options available,” said James Strayer, vice president of product management, Racemi. “Since we first automated the cloud migration process more than four years ago, we have continued to add features and support for the industry’s leading cloud providers.”
Racemi is an AWS Technology Partner that automates server migrations into and between Amazon EC2, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), and AWS GovCloud (US) Region. Racemi was awarded an AWS Partner Network Leadership Award at the recent AWS re:Invent show.
Racemi has also teamed with IBM/SoftLayer to migrate hundreds of customers at no cost from legacy platforms to SoftLayer.
Racemi’s DynaCenter migration software captures the entire server stack—including operating system, applications, and configuration—and automatically converts it to run on the selected cloud platform by applying the necessary tools and drivers during the migration process. This ensures existing workloads are migrated in their time-tested configuration, resulting in improved reliability and reduced support requirements. There is no infrastructure to deploy or maintain on the customer’s site and key features such as Live Capture ensure there is no server downtime. All customer data is secured and compressed using AES/RSA SSL encryption over firewall- friendly, fault tolerant outbound HTTPS connections to provide maximum protection and reliability.
Racemi, the moving company for the cloud, has been named a “Cool Vendor” and has hundreds of customers, users, and partners around the globe. The company builds server provisioning and cloud migration technology that allows businesses to quickly migrate their existing physical and virtual servers between dissimilar physical, virtual, and cloud platforms and across geographies. For CSPs (cloud service providers), MSPs (managed service providers), and hosting providers, Racemi is the easiest, most reliable method for onboarding customers to their public, private, or hybrid cloud offering. Racemi also enables customers and partners to automate private data center provisioning by leveraging its market-leading server imaging technology to rapidly provision physical, virtual or private cloud servers in any automated use case. For more information, visit www.racemi.com.