Cloud Migration and the Impact on DevOps
Cloud Migration and its Power on the Development of Business Operations
For generation after generation, innovation has always been the key to developing and maintaining a successful business. The migration of processes and workflow to the cloud is already happening and you need to keep up. Cloud technology and Racemi’s cloud migration can help your business to be more agile, efficient, and engaging to customers. CEO’s, CFO’s, COO’s, and CMO’s for organizations of all different sizes are benefiting from cloud migration. According to Sid Nag, research director for Gartner, “Organizations are pursuing strategies because of the multidimensional value of cloud services, including values such as agility, scalability, cost benefits, innovation, and business growth.”
You Should Have Migrated Yesterday
Surveys show that CEO’s think that technological evolution will change their business more than any other factor. Gartner research predicts that the public cloud services market will grow 18% in 2017 to a total of nearly $250 billion. This Gartner study also shows that there will be 25 billion connected ‘things’ in use by 2020. Now that is a lot of cloud-based ‘stuff’. The Boston Consulting Group found that tech-savvy small businesses grew their revenue 15% faster than small businesses that use less advanced technology. And if that’s not enough to convince you, according to 451 Research’s Hosting and Cloud Study 2017, 55% of organizations will rely on digital infrastructure to deliver their products and services in 2018.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration?
This digital revolution has gripped not only IT organizations but businesses of all types. It’s important to understand the challenges of cloud migration and how cloud technology can help your business on a high level. Racemi can offer three main benefits that you will gain from migrating to cloud services:
- An improved ability to differentiate yourself from competition and develop more focused, targeted business strategies.
- Added value propositions to an organization’s current product or service portfolio.
- The acceleration of a businesses’ go-to-market speed or other business processes.
What You Should Understand About Cloud Migration
Once you have chosen to move your current application workload to the cloud, you need to understand your options. There are a number of different types of cloud migration and service providers:
- Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) – MSP’s (such as Racemi) are seasoned organizations in the cloud sector with a strong understanding of their customer’s business needs. These providers have first-hand experience of migrating their own applications to the cloud and can help you to do the same. In addition to having your applications migrated to the cloud, you will also be able to see their entire cloud product portfolio.
- Lift-and-Shift – Data is migrated and unchanged as much as possible. This will not always be possible, but when it is, it helps to avoid unnecessary change to current business procedures.
- Cloud-Enabled Virtual Automation – If you’re an organization that’s looking to avoid maintaining its own data center, this cloud migration technique is for you. You will be able to utilize Racemi to implement customized, automated cloud technology for your business without the additional maintenance of handling a data center yourself.
- A DevOps Transformation – Or you can choose an all-encompassing DevOps transformation. This involves completely evolving your organization’s IT functionality to make it more agile and effective. This type of cloud migration is highly customizable and personalized. Racemi can help with more of your questions regarding private cloud vs. public cloud infrastructure, any organizational changes that are necessary, or developing short-term and long-term IT strategy.
It’s never easy to take the leap into something new. But in this case, the benefits of moving to the cloud outweigh the risks. The cloud technology revolution is making business faster, smarter, and leaner. Don’t be the one to fall behind. Make the change with Racemi today!
(All information and statistics from Gartner, Boston Consulting Group, and 451’s research can be found here: https://www.znetlive.com/blog/need-of-cloud-migration-for-businesses-today/)
(All information and statistics from Gartner, Boston Consulting Group, and 451’s research can be found here: https://www.znetlive.com/blog/need-of-cloud-migration-for-businesses-today/). Singh, Barkha. “Taking Breath Is Not Optional- Same Is True for Cloud Migration Today!” ZNetLive Blog, 16 May 2017. Web. 04 June 2017.